Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Yahoo! Developer Network Workshops - Washington DC
Friday, April 16, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
We are providing a morning and an afternoon workshop. Attendees my choose to attend one or both. Refreshments will be provided, but not lunch.
Morning - Welcome to YUI 3
During this 3-hour workshop, we'll work directly with YUI 3 to address a series of common tasks:
- Loading YUI 3 on the page
- Making use of the Node API to access DOM elements and collections
- Handling DOM events
- Built-in event delegation support
- "Special" events: available, contentready, and domready
- Using YUI 3 components:
Drag and Drop
Using YUI 2 and YUI 3 Gallery modules
- Optimizing your loading strategy
- Building YUI 3-based components -- your "instant API" template for objects that have attributes and emit events
Afternoon - Access any data on the web using YQL
During this 3 hour workshop we'll use YQL to do some exciting application work:
* Accessing various web APIs using YQL
* Making complex queries to multiple web services using YQL
* Displaying information on a site including using maps
* Sharing information back to social networks to encourage participation